Sunday 28 November 2010

Carlos Tevez To Leave Manchester City For Barcelona

In an extraordinary interview with TyC Sports, Tevez admitted recently he had become ‘tired of football’ and only wanted to play in Europe for a few more years.
A move to Barcelona would see him join up with international team-mates Lionel Messi, Gabriel Milito and Javier Mascherano, with whom he was also at West Ham.
Manchester City, meanwhile, appear to desperate to sign a new striker in the new year and are being linked with almost every high-profile forward in Europe.
The Eastlands club are set to let Roque Santa Cruz, Craig Bellamy and Emmanuel Adebayor leave in the coming year.
Bojan could in theory help fill the cap left by the trio, and more importantly Tevez.
The 20-year-old scored twice for Barcelona against Almeria last weekend, ending his goal drought and immediately attracting the attention of a number of big clubs.
Tevez, meanwhile, appears to have completely lost his focus at City and now claims he no longer has the desire to play.
‘I don’t want to play anymore. I’m tired of football, but also tired of people who work in football. I don’t want to play anymore, and I’m talking seriously,’ ESPN quote him as saying.
‘Football is only about money, and I don’t like it. There are so many agents with really young footballers… it’s awful, as these young players are not interesting in winning titles, they only want money.
‘The young players think that they have won something in football because they have two cell phones and a house. Today, there are many bad people in the football business, and you have to fight with them all the time. I’m tired of that too.
‘Today, the young players have no education at all, and I don’t want to listen to them. When I played in Boca, when [Martin] Palermo or [Juan Roman] Riquelme talked, I listened to them. So I don’t want a young player to tell me ‘why did you do that?’ in the dressing-room. I would punch him, as I have won 13 titles in my career.
‘I’m going to play football for three or four years in Europe, then I will quit. I would play for Boca again only if my father asks me to do it, but I don’t want to play in Argentina again

No comments:

Post a Comment